Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Highs Go Away!!!!

Well were do I start?!
This whole week has just been terrible! For no reason at all my BS have been SUPER high, therefore I feel sick to my stomach! Yesterday morning my BS was 371, then @ lunch it was 121, then after dinner it was 450!!!! What is going on?! I am taking my insulin correctly, but I just don't know. I really think that maybe the insulin I have been carrying around w/ me has gone bad. Since I have been low carbin it I haven't used as much insulin, therefore I have been carrying around the same (unrefrigerated) insulin pen w/ me for almost a month. Oh I forgot that this morning I was 371. So this morning I decided to switch out insulin pens and see how that helps. I swear i just feel so exhausted and sick in my stomach! I don't know how people could ever just not take their insulin on purpose. I started thinking about these girls I saw on Dr. Phil last month that didn't take their insulin so that they would lose weight...I think it was called diabulima...there is no way that I could not take my insulin purposefully! I would die!!! Well besides seriously being close to death, I would die from just feeling this way all of the time. The constant water drinking, and running to the restroom is enough to just put me in a bad mood. I hope that by switching my insulin I will start to feel better. I have been feeling better, but now I am feeling like crap again. It is almost lunch time, so I will get to go home and check my BS. I truly think that if it hasn't gone down yet then maybe I should call the Dr. I dunno. They will just waste my time, so I prolly won't. I must say though last night was the scariest that I have ever been from a high. I seriously thought that I was going to die in my sleep. I have never had a bad episode from where I had a seizure or went into a coma, but I seriously thought that if it was going ot happen that last night would have been it. I checked my BS again b4 bed (about 20 mins after injecting some insulin) and I had only went down about 20 points, so I decided to take some more insulin and risk the chance of going low. At least then I could treat it quickly and be on about my night.
Well enough about my crappy week! I hope I have finally fixed the problem, but I still seem to having that dry mouth feeling that no amount of water can satisfy.

No comments: